Sunday, September 26, 2010
DEPAC is working to sponsor 20 underprivileged children in Jacksonville, FL. These children come from low income neighborhoods and are at risk to a myriad of risk-taking behaviors. Our goal is to help provide these children with the opportunity to change their lives by participating in our program. The program will provide after-school tutoring/mentoring along with art enrichment activities to children that would not otherwise have the opportunity or financial support to do so.
You can help us reach this goal by simply downloading this tool bar http://www.goodsearch.com/toolbar/delphonse-education-and-performing-arts-center. Between October 1 - October 31, Good search will make a donation to our organization for every tool bar that is downloaded and used.We are asking that you download this tool bar and tell a friend to do the same thing. In addition to the donation, Good search will be giving an additional contribution to the first 100 organizations that reach 1000 downloads. Help support a good cause by downloading this tool bar, and give the gift of hope to these children.
Thursday, September 16, 2010
If you’re like most people, you want to support the causes that are important to you. However these days, it can be difficult to find the money or the time. That’s why the Delphonse Education and Performing Arts Center (DEPAC) is so excited to be a member and participant organization of the “Compass for Your Cause” program. Through Compass for Your Cause, you’ll be able to support DPEAC even more by doing something you do virtually every day, use your check card for everyday purchases.
Here’s how it works:
1. Open a new BBVA Compass checking account and tell your BBVA Compass Banker to apply our organization code 83717. BBVA Compass will pay us a royalty of $50 for your account opening by October 30, 2010.
2. Apply for a BBVA Compass Visa Check Card tied to your account. BBVA Compass will pay us a royalty of 0.25% of the purchase amount of every signature-based purchase you make with your card. You can even personalize your Check Card with a special DEPAC design to show your support.
How the funds add up:
100 of DEPAC's friends and members enroll in the program and open checking accounts:
100 x $50 = $5,000 in initial royalty payments
Over the course of one year, you each make an average of $500 in qualifying Check Card purchases.
$500 x 12 months = $6,000 a year
$6,000 x 0.25% = $15
$15 x 100 members = $1,500
$5,000 + 1,500 = $6,500
How to get started:
1. Open a BBVA Compass checking account when BBVA Compass visits us onsite, or at any BBVA Compass Banking Center, or by calling 1–800-COMPASS. When you open your account, be sure to include DEPAC's five-digit code 83717.
2. Apply for a BBVA Compass Visa® Check Card. Once the card arrives, visit us online at www.bbvacompass.com/go/makemycard to personalize your card.
3. Start using your check card! Just make sure you sign for purchases or hit "credit" when you use it, so your purchases will qualify for this program. If you are already a BBVA Compass customer, simply tell your banker to update your account to include our organization’s code 83717. You can also do this by calling 1-800-COMPASS
To get started, connect your current accounts and for more information on the program and policies, visit: http://www.bbvacompass.com/go/yourcause